Thread: travel
View Single Post
Old 04.20.2006, 01:45 PM   #4
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
hah, ok, now a serious response--

traveling with no money sucks. saving is good. hippies suck, that's why they went extinct. and no, you can't hitchhike like back in the day unless you're willing to offer your ass as payment. well, actually it's illegal to hitchhike in some states. but you can always sweet-talk a husky truck driver in gas stations (hah hah).

however, where i live (the southwest u.s.) hitchhiking is pretty common. you see it all the time.

here's my advice: get yourself a bank account with an atm/visa check card. get a summer job & save a little cash.

set out on the road.

when you arrive to the next town, get yourself a job. find out where the immigrants line up for dayjobs. make a little money, move to the next town.

when you are fed up, or sick, or too hungry, use your bank balance to buy yourself a ticket home.

i've done it and i've seen it done and i swear it works.

there is a book or there used to be one called "work your way around the world" or something like that. dishwasher, construction, agricultural, there are all kinds of jobs you can do. but if you want to just be a lazy hippy, there is such thing as the homeless shelter...ripe with diseases.

anyway i hope you have fun!

--
hm, check out your local youth hostel for books & information. & buy a money belt.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|