View Single Post
Old 07.26.2011, 01:57 AM   #10
hevusa
expwy. to yr skull

hevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asseshevusa kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Air
As a Seattle native living in Portland, I can see why you are dishing the Jr., but it isn't entirely accurate. Portland is like Seattle was in 1985-88 minus the great rock scene but plus a lot of great noise bands and arty strip clubs. It's more like an alternate reality time machine than a descendent.

Minus the strip clubs and tax rate, Portland just seems like Seattle but on a smaller scale and with more meth. I fail to see the point of having less of the good stuff (music, arts, people, etc). People seem to bounce back and forth between cities to "rebuild" their lives in a new image (bullshit).

Quote:
He mentioned the 5 blocks of junkies too, and said it'd been a long time since he'd been in that type of scene, and that the club was just pure concrete.

Damn... he mentioned that shit too huh? Not surprising... it didn't feel real. It was like walking through a hollywood set that seemed over the top.
I think the sound system (or lack thereof) was the venue's worst enemy.

Quote:
I've seen bands I really like play on nights like that, and yeah, I felt ripped off even though it wasn't likely their fault. When you are young and punk you can just get wasted and rage and be brilliant in such a setting, but Thurston doing his Nick Drake impersonation sure wasn't going to pull that angle off. Glad I saw him in the friendlier terrain.

It was a 50/50 coin flip between Portland and Vancouver and going to Canada felt more like a mini-vacation. Bands have off nights... shit happens.
hevusa is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|