View Single Post
Old 07.25.2011, 11:06 PM   #8
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
As a Seattle native living in Portland, I can see why you are dishing the Jr., but it isn't entirely accurate. Portland is like Seattle was in 1985-88 minus the great rock scene but plus a lot of great noise bands and arty strip clubs. It's more like an alternate reality time machine than a descendent.

The border trouble was heading in the way Thurston told it, right after 30 hours of Montana, Idaho, and Eastern Washington. He mentioned the 5 blocks of junkies too, and said it'd been a long time since he'd been in that type of scene, and that the club was just pure concrete.

I've seen bands I really like play on nights like that, and yeah, I felt ripped off even though it wasn't likely their fault. When you are young and punk you can just get wasted and rage and be brilliant in such a setting, but Thurston doing his Nick Drake impersonation sure wasn't going to pull that angle off. Glad I saw him in the friendlier terrain.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|