View Single Post
Old 02.20.2008, 05:20 PM   #37
Sonic Youth 37
invito al cielo

Location: if there is a bright spot in the universe, the farthest point from it
Sonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's assesSonic Youth 37 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by screamingskull
wow thats sad (the recluse, stutter thing) but he's fine now! i saw him and Cedric being interviewed last month and they both looked the healthiest i have ever seen them
it's hard to imagine Jim Ward, who is from what i have read and seen of him, pretty clean cut being in a band with Omar & Cedric for such along time.

Yeah, pretty much. Jim, Paul, and Tony, from all I've seen and read were pretty much clean, it was Cedric and Omar use that drove the band apart and ultimately brought about De Facto and The Mars Volta. It was really their drug habits that are responsible for the sounds (at least De Facto and early Mars Volta) that they put out. Jim and the others have always had a pretty even keel about things. I mean, Tony taught chemistry during ATDI's breaks.Maybe, not so much now that Paul has jumped ship and joined Cedric and Omar.

Hey, screamingskull, have you ever heard "Hell Paso", "El Gran Orgo", or "Alfaro Vive, Carajo" by ATDI?