View Single Post
Old 06.25.2012, 07:39 PM   #23
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
after consulting several bootlegs I came to realize that The Eternal is simply a live album that didn't come out well in the production. That material makes for some great sounding setlists, but the studio versions are lacklustre in comparison. In that regard, I think The Eternal is a great way to end their career, not necessarily from the perspective of the album, but from the stage show. Rather Ripped was a kick ass record btw, would have been an equally impressive exclamation point on their career. I think this makes a point, this band has been making new and interesting music longer than most people on his forum have been alive, myself included. That being said, really, what more do we expect from this band? Personally, after 1000 Leaves I always considered every album as potentially "their last" and always saw them as miraculous gifts of art from one foot in the grave, so I respected them all the more and enjoyed them as an indulgence. In all honesty, I'd say that bringing in Jim was the spark that kept it going that one last extra push, and when he split it didn't take tea leaves or animal entrails to figure it out..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|