View Single Post
Old 01.30.2021, 11:42 PM   #1
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
(I may have posted something like this already in my previous incarnation on this board, so Stop Me If You Think That You've Heard This One Before)

Suppose SY are to be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. They want the band to perform a few of their best known songs, but at least two of them ("Kool Thing" and "Bull in the Heather") require Kim Gordon's presence (in theory they could do "Teen Age Riot" without the her intro).

Does Kim put her feelings aside for one night for the sake of giving the fans one last chance to see the band perform as a whole? Or does she decline, and the band decides to do an all-Thurston set (Lee's songs are pretty much unknown outside the band's fanbase and none of them were released as singles)? Or do they decline to perform, and Thurston and Lee (or Thurston and Steve, or Lee and Steve) just stand at the podium and give a generic "thank you for this honor, rock on" type speech?