View Single Post
Old 05.22.2020, 03:22 PM   #12726
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
FC Cincinnati welcomes Stam with a photo of another bald Ajax trainer
Quote:
{See original article for these tweets}

Bald man, check. Ajax past, check. Download photo, make it free-standing and use it to welcome Jaap Stam. This is probably how it went with the social media team of FC Cincinnati. One problem: the bald man with an Ajax tie is not Stam.

In the welcome video, there is no doubt: the man who greets the viewer is Stam. "Hi, I'm Jaap Stam, I would like to introduce myself. I am the new head coach of FC Cincinnati", are the 47-year-old's first words on the American club's website. A more extensive round of proposals may not be a superfluous luxury on his first working day in the United States.

Stam's doppelganger listens to the name Tinus van Teunenbroek and is the team leader of Ajax under 15, which immediately explains the tie with the Amsterdammers' logo.

Incidentally, the club repaired the error after a few hours, the tweet was removed and the correct photo of the Dutch trainer appeared on the website.

Dream come true
From the enthusiasm of Stam about his American adventure, he will not be dismayed by the failure of his new club. "To get the chance to work in America and the MLS at a club like FC Cincinnati is a dream come true," Stam is quoted in the accompanying text accompanying the video.

"I have always loved the country and the mentality of the people in the United States," said Stam, who played in his active career for PSV, Manchester United, AC Milan and played at European and World Championships with the Orange.

FC Cincinnati's welcome video, featuring the real Jaap Stam:

General manager Gerard Nijkamp, ​​who brought Stam to Cincinnati, is also delighted. "He has an extensive resume and has been a player in some of the most successful clubs in the world. He has also proven that he can lead teams through a transition period."

Presented Friday
Stam started as head coach at Reading in England (2016-2018), after which he ended up at Feyenoord via PEC Zwolle (2019). However, that adventure lasted only a short time. In October he left because of disappointing results. Feyenoord was twelfth at that time.

Stam will be officially presented on Friday at FC Cincinnati, where he will be the successor of Ron Jans, who retired because of a racism dispute.

Other MLS clubs poked fun at FC Cincinnati on twitter:

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|