View Single Post
Old 06.28.2013, 06:13 PM   #35
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dasx
You must be kidding? Sonic Nurse is one of their greatest albums! I also like Rather Ripped very much and The Eternal is also good, although there's couple of not so good songs in it (Antenna, Walking Blue).

Antenna kicks ASS! One of my favorite tunes on the Eternal, with that screeching feedback at the bridge it reminds me of Dripping Dream (fuck I miss Jim. I think the O'Rourke era was the best for sonic youth, he was a better bass player than kim which allowed for some extensive freak-out style jams at his feedback oriented guitar work is second to none), and the melodic, droning drum pattern/bass line. When The Eternal first came out, it was not my favorite either, but it totally grew on me, now its in my top-7..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|