View Single Post
Old 11.24.2015, 10:32 AM   #6735
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterpuff
Ha, I have been streaming it this morning. About halfway through as I stumbled upon this comment, and it's truly amusing how accurately it sums up the experience I am feeling right now...

Thank you! I am so glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. It's an extremely odd sensation. I am not THAT fucking old, but Art Angels is very clearly not aimed at music addicts of all ages. Listening to it gives me a very unpleasantly perverse, voyeuristic feeling, like I'm looking through a peephole.

If for no other reason than that, the album is a failure to me. I can tell it's good. It may even be great... but it's geared toward a very specific audience. Post-millennial college girls and their BFF boy counterparts who don't yet realize that they're never going to hit that, but will certainly revisit Art Angels in solitude when they discover that this is the case.

I've been there! Only with me it was shit like Belle & Sebastian's Tigermilk.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|