View Single Post
Old 04.27.2006, 10:16 AM   #40
sonikjuice
little trouble girl

sonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant futuresonikjuice has a brilliant future
The reason I rank EJSTNS so low on SY's albums is because it is very inconsistent. I end up skipping about half of the tracks. The first 4 tracks are great... but it really sags in the middle. Not to mention that Thurston's lyrics are pretty awful. Kim's songs, for the most part, are really good. But a lot of them sound the same. Also, there are no Lee tracks on the album to balance everything out. Screaming Skull is one of the worst SY tracks ever. Waist and In the Mind of the Bourgeois Reader are both really lame. Tokyo Eye is repetitive and boring. I think Winner's Blues, Bull in the Heather, Starfield Road, and Sweet Shine are all great tracks, but the rest of the albums just isn't very good. I'm also not a big fan of the production... they are trying too hard to sound noisy and I don't like all of the digital effects they use.
sonikjuice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|