RECOLLECTIONS OF PRIMARY MASTURBATION
This CD contains:
- Kitanomaru Hyakkei 7" EP
- Senzuri Champion LP
- Senzuri Monkey Metal Action 7" EP
- More Shit 7" EP
- Tokyo Anal Dynamite CD
= 338 Songs!!

Welcome to the world of Juntaro Yamanouchi, the gay, cross-dressing noisemonger behind Shinjuku, Tokyo's Gerogerigegege. The Gero first raised its ugly mug in 1985 with the "Studio & Live" LP, and have ever since released a huge catalog of noise, ambient and uncategorizable works-- many of which are high on the record collector scum want-list, and go for ludicrous amounts of money. Then again, how many bands consider masturbation an instrument (courtesy of Gero 56 aka Tetsuya Endoh)? Maybe they're justified with their obsession in this case (?).

My fave has always been "Tokyo Anal Dynamite" (included here in full), which contains 75 (!) tracks, all of which are short blasts of noise (under a minute) punctuated by Juntaro's nod to the Ramones by screaming "1-2-3-4!!" between each "song". You'll be laughing yer ass off by about the 20th time he does it. Er... I do anyway.

Even though it is included on "Recollections", I've also put up 1987's masterwork "Senzuri Chamion" as a seperate d/l for the benefit of noobies to the Gero, or for those who might want it separately.

Link in comments.
Labels: Compilation, Japan, Noise
3:30 AM4 Comments

http://spendingloudnight.blogspot.co...9_archive.html
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|