View Single Post
Old 02.16.2007, 06:16 AM   #37
porkmarras
invito al cielo

porkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's assesporkmarras kicks all y'all's asses
[quote=Rob Instigator]that's odd. I have found, in the 16 or so years I have been listeing to sonic youth supreme number one, that sonic youth fans, REAL fans (meaning people who actually enjoy the music, not just name drop them cuz they own dirty) have extremely wide range in music tastes.

quote]

That is entirely true but it doesn't have to be necesseraly because of them.I didn't start listening to techno,house,hip hop or world music because of Sonic Youth for sure.In fact there is tons of stuff that has had more of an influence on my music taste than them as a band(library music and 60's odds and sods to name some).Generally speaking,i think that the actual music of this band has only had a limited impact on today's music making as such but created an attitude towards it all their own.What a musician or music fan makes with that is their own choice,for better or worse.

porkmarras is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|