View Single Post
Old 03.10.2012, 08:49 PM   #2
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I played a live show for a girl once. Shed never heard them before. As soon as Kim's voice kicked in I knew it was a mistake. I was even a trifle embarrassed, because I had talked SY up so much for so long. Then I gave some bullshit "aquired taste" explanation that sounded pretentious as hell I'm sure.

An intro SY tape would be hard to make. I'm sure it would depend on the person it was made for. But for the average modern alt rock fan I'm sure it would rely heavily on Dirty and maybe the Eternal. A punk fan might require more Sister. A hippie or guitar player would be more easily won over by ATL and MS.

But I want a go-to tape that I can hand to anyone that will put the bands sound into context and not bleed the eardrums.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|