View Single Post
Old 04.17.2014, 04:17 PM   #7
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
I wouldn't consider myself or any of the people I like to have around me to be normal. In fact, I prefer people that are just my type of weird/fascinating. 'Nice' doesn't necessarily equal 'Normal'. As for places where you can find such people: There is no particular place!

Sucks to be a killjoy but I can only tell you to look around and be attentive. You might find them practising a hobby of yours while looking for groups of people that are into that as well. You might find them merely by chance. I've even met a nice person I nowadays enjoy to spend some quality time with while being intoxicated at a concert.

Life is arbitrary and so are the acquaintances you are going to make. Of course you should try to make a conscious move if you feel that things have to change. It's just impossible to make any suggestions that promise a winning strategy.

That said: Maybe try to reflect on what makes you feel comfortable, which situations you enjoy etc...
And then base your effort on these aspects. It can only work if it makes sense for you. And honesty is also never a bad thing when trying to find the right people.

If it's any consolation: I'm having trouble with the consistency of my acquaintanceships right now. I don't get to meet some of my dear old friends as often as I'd like anymore and many of the new people I meet are just part a passing phase. A sign of the times I guess.

Keep up the good intentions! Knowing is the first step.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|