View Single Post
Old 05.06.2016, 08:05 PM   #1889
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I like "Daydreamers" ... I like its sort of abstract, spacey vibe. It's an interesting listen that doesn't go into minor keys or major diminished chord changes, or blow up into some anxious freak out. It's a rather sublime little song. I wish it had fewer lyrics, because I like the Aphex Twin-y synth scales and the spaciousness of the electronic atmosphere.

However... I actually think I like "Burn the Witch" better as a song at this point. I mean, "Daydreamers" sounds like it will be more of a "Subterranean Homesick Alien" kind of slow burner that grows on you over time, so maybe that will happen. But apart from the typical lyrics, I think "Burn the Witch" is a pretty interesting song, structurally. It seems to take its cue from the krautrock of TKOL, but the use of percussive strings instead of metronomic drums makes it feel like an extension of that style that I loved so much in songs like "Staircase" and "Separator."

So as far as videos go, Daydreamers FTW, even with Thom Yorke's fucked up young-Severian's-Dad looking ass wandering around in it. But song wise, I have to go with "BTW" at this juncture.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|