View Single Post
Old 04.19.2006, 07:12 AM   #12
candymoan
the end of the ugly

candymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's assescandymoan kicks all y'all's asses
in between sonic youth and pixies everything - indie music / the alternative expansion into the mainstream - happened.. the *complement* each other, and i don't think they have ever *competed* in any way..
i am a gemini, thet would mean i have two distinct personalities, and sometimes i feel pixies are a simple pop band (that's supposed to bad) and other times i feel sonic youth are a simple noise band (that's supposed to be bad too.)
it evens out in the long run..
i have been an active listener and a quiet fan of both groups for nearly 18 years now.. my favorite mixtapes have multiple songs from each band.. i have made homemade t-shirts for each band..

one distinction though, i got the chance to see sonic youth perform live, (yeah yeah.. i was the first in line.. et cetera) but pixies i've never experienced with such intensity..
candymoan is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|