View Single Post
Old 02.07.2008, 04:29 PM   #64
uhler
invito al cielo

uhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's assesuhler kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fugazifan
the original wave of hardcore bands, as previously stated, were great musicians. bad brains were incredibly techniquely difficult. gregg ginn was a great guitarist, minor threat were so fast that most people couldnt play like that. husker du as well where fast as fuck...
but as usual the bands that came afterwards and instead of being innovative like their influences, decided to parrot them and play one dimensional music, and ruined it.
thats why a lot of the original bands stopped playing hardcore...

bad brains and minor threat were so tight that when i first heard them i stopped playing bass fast. no reason to try to play hardcore punk if you can't do it right and i knew i could never play like that.

aside from andy gill, greg ginn is my favorite guitarist. the sounds he makes and his solos are some of the most amazing shit i have ever heard.
uhler is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|