View Single Post
Old 06.30.2013, 08:16 AM   #510
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
fav slashers off the top of my head-

Opera - Argento's giallo. You should see this to kind of see where slashers came from.

Halloween - the granddaddy. Amazing. So tense.

Friday the 13th (series) - so hard to choose a fav. Though I'd probably go with VI if I had to choose. But that series is so big for me. Just the whole 'kids getting killed in the woods' thing. Just so cliche but for good reason.

The Burning - made the same year as F13 and based on same urban legend of Cropsy. Only it has Cropsy. And Michael Richards. And amazing liferaft scene.
So underrated.

Slumber Party Massacre/Sorority House Massacre (series) - there's a bunch of these. They're all really different and get really trippy and arty. Very interesting films that hide behind blood and boobs.

Sleepaway Camp (series) - or at least trilogy. The 4th was meh. The 1st and 2nd are my favs. 2nd wins, but they're so so different you need to see both.

April Fool's Day/Happy Birthday To Me/My Bloody Valentine - Canada pumped out some excellent slashers in the 80's.

Scream - totally jumpstarted slashers. I LOVE this movie hardcore. Just brilliant in design. The 4th was the next best in the series and again - brilliant. See both.

Black Xmas - the remake. Fuck the original film. I said it. Wanna fight?

Behind The Mask - this film (like Scream) breaks down the whole genre, but this does it in a mockumentary way. It's so brainy if you're into the genre.

...these are some landmark ones that pop in my head right away, but I know I'm missing a bunch of favs.

Id' also recommend (big time) Going To Pieces which is a documentary about the slasher genre. It is required watching y'all.

(Oh and I don't consider Nightmare on Elm St a slasher so much. The whole dreams thing. I love the series, but it doesn't quite fit my description. But you should def see 1 and 3 and I personally love 6 thought it's not great by most folk's standards).

(A lot of other films like Evil Dead or Night of the Demons or Texas Chainsaw etc will get lumped in w/ slashers but I don't know. I'm picky with the title. I tend to go by the One Little Indian idea of a dude stalking teens...)
this is exactly what i've been looking for! thank you so much, can't rep you enough. gonna have a lot of watching to do now.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|