View Single Post
Old 06.09.2013, 05:29 PM   #45994
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Absolutely. It's not my actual favorite SY album, but I find that every time I listen to it (couple times a year maybe), I like it twice as much as I did the last time. So, in the 10 years since its release, it has gradually inched its way up about thirteen-fifteen spots (depending on what you consider an album)

I remember unwrapping it the day it came out, and playing it on the way to work. Hearing "Pattern Recognition" for the first time was one of the best listening experiences of my life, but for some reason I considered it my
least favorite Sonic Youth album for years. But I honesty have no idea why I felt that way. It's not quite as testosterone filled as most of the music that melted my 23 year old heart, but every listen brings about new revelations and insights about the album. A pretty triumphant album, in that it brought the DDN sound back, and meted it with the jammy, bohemian vibe that NYCG&F sparked and Murray Street perfected. It's really the go-to record for fans of the group's entire discography.

I started this post, abandoned it, and finished it over the course of well over 24 hours. Hopefully it makes sense, because I certainly am not going to proof read it.

Great post! Revelations is exactly what that album is filled with, such great production, always something new layered in to discover. It is like A Thousand Leaves 2.0..

I also will never forget getting that album, I camped out in front of Aomeba Records to get it on release day to get a free ticket to the Troubador Album release show.. I ended getting dissed and yet blessed, so it was fantastic, and then when I put on the disc in my headphones walking back to the subway to head home, Pattern Recognition came on and I just about had a heart attack, it was simply that fantastic a tune. PR -> Unmade Bed -> Dripping Dream is an epic sequence belonging to the vaults of all time.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|