View Single Post
Old 04.16.2012, 08:59 PM   #43
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Bump.

Review (in Spanish) and a few pictures of Thurston Moore's performance at Teatro Oriente in Santiago de Chile, on April 15th. He dedicated "Fri/End" to Felipe Orrego (author of that beautiful, untitled silent short film starring Kim Gordon, from 1976), and said "We need to re-write the books: We could said that Sonic Youth is actually an extension of Chilean psychedelic music". Seems like it was another show of candid bits of stories as introductions to the songs (unlike in Mexico City) and good vibes despite the fact that Thurston's got the flu. The Rolling Stones' "It's Only Rock'n'Roll (But I Like It)" was performed again, and "Psychic Hearts" made its comeback into the set as the final encore, and I hope it will very much stay (and of course, why would it matter so much if no recordings would surface, right?).

Set-list:

1. Blood Never Lies
2. In Silver Rain With A Paper Key
3. Never Day
4. Fri/End
5. Orchard Street
6. Groovy & Linda
7. It's Only Rock'n'Roll (But I Like It)
8. Ono Soul
9. See-Through Playmate
10.Mina Loy
11.Circulation
12.Pretty Bad
13.Staring Statues
14.Psychic Hearts

http://rocknvivo.com/2012/04/16/thur...lma-y-el-caos/