View Single Post
Old 05.11.2009, 12:18 PM   #61
ricechex
the destroyed room

ricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's assesricechex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott v
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Spark
Since the Pavement split, a fair share of credit for their sound should be given to Spiral Stairs, cos Preston School of Industry are far better than 90% of Malkmus' solo stuff imho

I'm not a firm believer in his contribution to Pavement. I am willing to be proved wrong though.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agreed, Spiral Stairs had a bigger impact on the early pavement material as in the beginning it was only stephen and scott, it becomes apparant as time moved on something happened or changed as evidenced on the live scenes on the slow century dvd that spiral stairs guitar parts on terror twilight are rather dismal, lacking or even absent... definitley the band was in flux at that point.

of the several songs and that first full length album i heard of the preston school of industry... i'm sorry i just don't hear whats so interesting about them. either kannberg brought no material to the terror twilight sessions or those songs he brought to those sessions were bounced back and therfore ended up on that first PSOI album, really without wonder as its just non-catchy, middle-of-the-road indie rock.

I don't think Spiral contributed too much to anything in the songwriting department. I think it was all Stephen. Just compare PSOI to Pavement.

ricechex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|