View Single Post
Old 04.18.2015, 02:22 PM   #7
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
I forgot that album existed the moment after I learned that it existed. Wasn't even aware of a world tour.

Which kinda makes me sad, because I used to really enjoy the first four Sabbath records. To me they were like Led Zeppelin, minus the illusion that what they were doing was somehow profound. Just good, clean, heavy-as-all-hell Rock music.

I'm glad I didn't listen to the album if it truly featured the kind of braindead metal drumming that you're talking about, SFAD. I think I know the kind... Is it that snare less, pop-and-thud bullshit championed by the Deftones, maintained by the Slipknots of the world... the only artifact of the rap-rock era to not suffer a bloody death at the end of that godawful era?

That drum sound is why I thank God in heaven for Deafheaven, the Body, Skull Defekts and the other next gen saviors of heavy music.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|