View Single Post
Old 12.21.2007, 10:29 AM   #5
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
To me the problem is that the genre covers far too many ranges of emotion. Metal is the only genre I can think of that primarily covers one emotion - aggression (and even then it can be anger or just excitement). Most genres cover several, Jazz being a great example.

Some noise is definitely about a release of anger type of aggression, but others are more the feelings of peace you mention (like some of the newest Skullflower for me, I find this stuff oddly relaxing!) Some causes fear in the listener, even noiseheads, but often I see noiseheads listening to stuff and it looks almost like they're getting off on it sexually. I've never really had that reaction to pure noise, but I probably don't qualify as a head either.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|