View Single Post
Old 11.11.2016, 04:35 PM   #19856
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I love Hellraiser. It's so weird. The 2nd one is pretty good. The rest get awful. But I love the first one.

Y'all seen Doctor Strange yet? It was a good time. Not quite top tier MCU, but damn good MCU.
hellraiser is the nightmare of someone who got trapped into a sex cult, but the problem is that weirdness alone doesn't cut it (for me anyway). the story makes so many time leaps that it doesn't give you a compelling narrative. the lighting was also terrible to the point of distraction.

the problem was also that the central character, who is frank, the brother who got involve in shady shit, is given so few lines he's practically a prop for the suffering wife.

as for narratives,

--

oh hi i jjst came back we got psycho ready but had pending yardwork, so... maybe later.

anyway i don't want to condemn hellraiser before i finish it but so far it has been poorly executed. the idea for the core fairytale i get, it's the telling that's bugging me. but i pay too much attention to structure i guess. i think a straight telling would have made this much better.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|