View Single Post
Old 03.11.2014, 05:58 PM   #56
Derek
invito al cielo

Derek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's assesDerek kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Washing Machine
Those figures are terrible! Sonic Youth are one of those legendary, mythic bands, you would think Daydream Nation (the holy grail of indie albums) would have reached at a 5mil mark. SY seriously needs a new record company. I could understand the problems of selling a record like NYCG&F (which personally I love, but a fan record really), but an album like Sonic Nurse or Rather Ripped could easily have been as big as their early 90's sales peak....Incinerate, that sounds like a huge hit single, are Geffen just deaf?

Man, some of these old posts are hilarious. 5 million? Really? Not even number one rappers in the 90s sold that much. Wu-Tang Forever only went 4x platinum and that was a double album.

The numbers posted in this thread seem about right. They're an indie rock band with a cult fanbase, it's not that crazy that their albums didn't sell a million each. I guess users here forget that their immense enjoyment and collecting of the band's work isn't universal.

Slint's Spiderland only recently reached 50k copies sold and that's heralded as an all time "classic".
Derek is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|