View Single Post
Old 10.24.2010, 12:05 PM   #145
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Why, thank you! There's no way I could only make it a top 10. Just too many great albums! I mean, 20 is so limiting, it was really difficult, but I thought long and hard about it, and basically, those 20 are my absolute most-listened-to albums ever. Not necessarily the most "influential" or "important"; they are simple 20 albums I listened to more than any other.. so, the 20 most addictive, maybe.

I mean, I bet I've listened to PINK FLAG at least 500 times, no joke -- I listened to it every single day for a year as a junior, on the bus... I live far out in the country, 20 minutes from that school, so I was the first kid they picked up, at about 5:45; I would listen to the album 4 times before I made it to school and 4 times on the way home. I didn't have that many cd's at the time, but none were as good as Pink Flag (though Gang of Four's first few albums got a lot of plays, too, and the Hot Snakes/Jehu discographies... so, in a way, most of those albums are ones I got into years ago, when I only had one or two albums to really, really listen to, which made me appreciate them more. Then again, I only got that Photek album a little more than a year ago, and I have listened to that 100 times, at least. With really good music, you make time to listen to it.

Anyway, glad you like the list! I would probably die happy only listening to those 20 albums for the rest of my life. They are all masterpieces.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|