View Single Post
Old 06.18.2023, 08:46 AM   #299
Antagon
invito al cielo

Antagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's assesAntagon kicks all y'all's asses
Didn't know which other thread to post this in, because it's not entirely political, but a little fun aside to a conversation started in the Politcs Thread:

I was actually interviewed by a German queer-themed YouTube channel yesterday. People were enamored with the cart my group was driving around. And it was my turn at the pedals when I was approached by a guy with a mic. My voice was incredibly hoarse at the time and I kind of shout-talked my way through it, because there was a speaker right behind me blasting fucking loud Post-Punk. I had to really concentrate to actually hear the interviewer's questions, but it worked after initial complications. That's why I look so stern, I think. Honestly, that channel's noise-cancelling recording equipment and/or editing is pretty sophisticated. But it came out alright, all in all.

A small convo about the "spookiness" of the cart (four-seater rickshaw, actually) at 2:03 (translated):

Interviewer: And why is there a dangling skull? I'm a bit scared.

Me: It's a bit spooky, right? I mean, it's just aesthetics. We call this the "Munster Mobile" here. It's not to be taken all too seriously, we just like spooky aesthetics.

And a little mission statement at 6:05

Me: We're taking part at the parade today, because we are a pretty diverse group. Among us you'll find all kinds of preferences, of gender identities [...] and we just want to represent the Goth, Punk and Post-Punk fraction here.

There's also a nice little pan on the group and the mobile at 2:50 - sans my awkward hoarse voice. A good friend had asked me beforehand, whether her small group of witchy cosplayers could join us - the person holding up the banner is part of that group.

Not a fan of the immediate cut to the Neoliberal Party of Austria after the first interview section, but what can you do? They drew the lot two spots behind us during the starting number raffle last month, so they were closeby and had a huge inflatable flamingo - that draws the media's attention. To put it in American terms - they are somewhat Libertarian-lite - though maybe a bit more vocal about basic social issues. Hyper-capitalist though. Last year, The Green Party was right behind us.

Addendum: But I'm happy they also decided to lend a voice to the group remembering those who were killed for their queerness during the Nazi-regime at 7:36. "Never Forget" the banner up front reads. It's a good thing the format didn't shy away from this more somber discourse. It's important to remember.

Antagon is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|