View Single Post
Old 06.22.2011, 01:09 AM   #12
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by artsygrrl
Yeah, GoT has been an AWESOME series! I love the intro!
What a great move---casting Peter Dinklage as Tyrion. In the book he is nowhere near that fiesty.
Major fucking shock: Ned Stark losing his head. WTF ??

Deja vu moment: When Daenerys Targaryen puts Drogo out of his misery by smothering him with a pillow = Think "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" when Chief smothers the lobotomized Randall

Peter Dinklage here is some of the best casting I've ever seen. I haven't even read the books yet and I know he's destroying the role (in all the right ways).

As for the Cuckoo's Nest vibe, that's EXACTLY what I thought as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadDiscoDildo
Yeah, fucking nerds.

I wish Stargate SG1 was still on.

Now that's quality.

Man, you got ten seasons of that show. That wasn't enough for you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by truncated
I was a bit surprised that Drogo grew to have seemingly genuine affection, even love for Daenerys. I thought she was just going to be his breeding mare. Their storyline was actually turning out to be the most intriguing to me; it still is, but I am disappointed with Drogo's death.

I was really surprised by that too. What surprised me even more is that I bought it. I mean, they never really give you a reason for them to really love eachother. It just happens, but they somehow sell it to where I believe it, which was really cool.

I didn't like the Dothraki story at first, well I won't say flat out "didn't like", but I was SO into everything else that was going on, I felt like it was dragging. But along the way it just grew on me. And Drogo was just funny, every time he killed someone, it was in some ridiculous way. Like when he poured the melted gold on Viserys' head, man what a dark joke that was.

Quote:
Robb seemed kind of weak/unremarkable to me at first, but his character seems to have been fortified by the plot changes. For some reason, I don't trust that Theon. He smacks of a future traitor.

Robb has been interesting, especially towards the end of the season because he feels like a character that really has to prove himself to everyone, not so much in the typical way of satisfying some core of pride, but because he really needs to be assertive, but the cards are so against him. He's very young, I can see his authority being regularly challenged, everyone looking to him for leadership, waging a war against the damn Throne. And now his Dad is dead, so the responsibility for alot of what happens next will fall to him, gotta be so tough.

I have a feeling Bran (I really hope he somehow gets his legs back by the way) is going to be the ward of Winterfell for a long time.

As for Theon, I'll probably worry about him too. Because while he seems very devoted to the Starks, he seemed really hot headed and somewhat insubordinate towards Robb when the bandits attacked Bran. He thinks himself a great lord (apparently a former status) but isn't anymore. After his House failed an invasion, I'm kind of muddy on it.

Quote:
At first Sansa annoyed the hell out of me as a shallow, foolish, materialistic young girl, but when Joffrey took her to see her father's head and she went to shove him off the plank, I was definitely taken by surprise. I have hopes for her.

Same here, Sansa drove me crazy. I felt so horrible for Ned when she actively told him how much she wanted to marry Joffrey and have babies with him. And you could tell Ned just wanted to have absolutely nothing to do with the Lannisters. But yeah, when Joffrey made her look at her father's head on a pike. Just that whole scene was...wow, that was a moment.

Quote:
I don't like the wolves being involved, because they're CUTE and I can't stand to watch animals get hurt (when the witch slit the horse's throat, I almost died). Shut up.

I'm no fan of animal death either. GoT manages to be a very cold show though the way it allows animal death so easily. We've already had at least two horse death and one wolf. Anything else you see will kill tons of people, but be very reserved about killing animals. Like Independence Day or something, that dog was never going to get killed.

Speaking of grieving of Sean Bean/Ned Stark getting killed. Honestly I guess we should've all seen it coming back in the pilot when they discovered the dead dire wolf along with freshly born cubs. Great foreshadowing there.

Another thing that kills me about this show is all of the taboos and unconventional stuff it explores. That bizarro mother/son relationship at the Eyrie, the Lannister incest, pedophilia, homosexual oral sex, animal death, alluded to amputee sex, rape, alluded bestiality, I'm sure necrophilia will make it in there before too long.

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|