View Single Post
Old 06.21.2011, 01:06 PM   #1
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
AND DON'T WANT THE REST OF THE PLOT SPOILED BY THOSE WHO READ THE BOOKS.

There you go.

I'll start by saying, some of these deaths have REALLY surprised me. King Robert I expected to die for sure, but not so quickly, I thought he would've died at the end of the season or so.

And man how daring was it to kill what I'm sure many considered the lead of the show Sean Bean. Very well executed, the Starks are going to go apeshit over that one.

Killing Khal Drogo felt the most out of left field, I thought there was going to be alot done with his character. Crossing the Narrow Sea with the Dothraki and invade the Seven Kingdoms. What's neat about this though is it feels like the story deliberately destroys the plot lines you expect to get carried out, but replaces them with much better ones. That one being the best example, leaving us with basically 'I don't need Dothraki, I've got FUCKING DRAGONS!'. That's going to be great to see.

Speaking of the dragons, at first I was worried that their inclusion would turn the story slightly corny, like Dragonheart or something. Especially since the show has been really fairly anti-fantasy so far. Yeah, we have undead and weirdo magic, but beyond that. And this still remains to be seen, but how they ended the finale, they were exciting to see. So I'm hopeful.

This show is fantastic.

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|