Thread: Town characters
View Single Post
Old 07.18.2007, 05:37 AM   #28
davenotdead
invito al cielo

davenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's assesdavenotdead kicks all y'all's asses
running bearded guy: would run the 12 or so miles to tybee island, then all the way down the beach and then back to his home (which is in the city if i recall), so i guess about a 30 mile round trip, every day.... always had this long beard and short 80s style running shorts...when i was little and lived on the island, i would see him often, and he never even took a long breath, nothing ever broke his stride...im pretty sure he was a normal dude, but i dont think he ever entered the marathons that tybee or savannah hold every year...havent seen him in many years though, he may be too old now i guess...

yardsale lady: woman who has had a yardsale going almost every day, for at least 5 years now....sits on her couch in her front yard, surrounded by junk (probably that she saved from the nearby county dump), and sells it to passers-by....i see her riding her bike to get groceries sometimes...never seen her speak....i dont know if she makes more than $12 a week....

'John': slightly mentally-handicapped guy (about age 60-70) who cant drive...can seemingly walk as fast as you can drive, though you never see him walking...i assume he knows all manner of shortcuts, and probably through people's yards...used to live just a block away from him...not creepy, just strange...he would go to the local bar and Publix, and that was it as far as anyone knows...lives near this baseball field, and people always pick him up for rides, though i havent seen him in a couple years...not sure what happened to him

davenotdead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|