View Single Post
Old 10.06.2010, 12:35 PM   #26
deflinus
expwy. to yr skull

deflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's assesdeflinus kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
I also do not rate movies as an art form.

"art" that takes 20 producers, 300 crew and staff people, 20 actors, dozens of editors, cinematgraphers, etc is not art. it is ENGINEERING.
of course some movies are art. Of course some coffee stais are art as well.
that does not amke the media of film an art form.

I see it as a craft. 99% of movie making is not creative at all. thescreenwriter is creative. the actors themselves are creative. everyone else, from the director to the cinematographer to the lighting guy to the editor are NOT creating anything. they are putting parts created by others together to make a cohesive whole. while admirable and difficult, it is as "ART" as building a new toilet is.

that can be said of any media, really. you're just using people to put together an original idea. it's just like using paint, tools, paint brushes, paper, a typewriter.. etc. it's just the 'tools' you're using are people. capable of developing or feeling all range of emotions which can most likely ruin the idea of the movie.

i'm not defending the slew of shitty movies that have graced us with their presence over the years but like all things, movie making can be corrupted. but i wouldn't say film isn't an art form. that's a bit extreme.
deflinus is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|