View Single Post
Old 01.23.2018, 09:07 AM   #4926
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove

But I'm curious: does horror really scare? I mean, are there really stories/novels that actually freak you out as much as a movie can?

movies give you jump scares. cheap. easy. predictable.

scary books, the real scary ones, create a world that is so real in your head that you experience the terror as if it was happening to you. This happened to me with several Stephen King books in my teens. It also happened with clive barker's first books of blood short stories. when I got older I read HOUSE by Mark Danielewski and, while not horror per se, that book scared the shit out of my inner mind. books freak you out for far longer than a film can.