View Single Post
Old 07.10.2009, 05:24 PM   #102
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
k-krack, living on the opposite side of Canada I can relate with you. Most of the SY shows I've seen involved a fair deal of travelling, if I was content with seeing them whenever they visited my province I'd be fondly remembering the two times I saw them in the past 15 years. I do feel like the answer is not to play less new material, but to play a longer set with a few extra old songs, in addition to all of the new material.

That said, set lists are always going to be a cause of much discussion and outrage, no matter what they play, for a band with such a vast back catalog. Ten years ago I felt very strongly like many people on this board do, now I'm almost indifferent. I just know that if I saw a show directly after the release of their brand new album and they only played 3 or 4 new songs in the entire set (which many bands do! hell, even notorious anti-fan set list constructor Neil Young barely plays any new material in support of his latest releases these days) I would be very disappointed.
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|