View Single Post
Old 08.04.2010, 09:22 AM   #21
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
The framers of the US constitution sought, fermented, and achieved armed insurrection, armed revolt.

due to this, they understood the necessity of a population being armed if it so desired. The Revolutionary war against the british was fought for a while, befiore France provided guns and money, by regular people with their personal weapons, rifles, muskets, pitchforks, etc.

regardless of what anyone tries to spin, an armed citizenry SCARES the powers that be, and the people that wish to retain that power in the hands of a few.

no one talks about this stuff because it is easier to scare people by detailing the relatively few instances where people are hurt by guns or killed accidentally etc.

The USA is a violent, still-young nation, and most of the murders occur not because there is a gun handy, but because some idiot decides to kill someone.

The tales of the "Old West" seem to imply that guns = lawlesness, but that is bullshit. The actual homicide records for those days show a far far lesser rate of murder than now. EVERYONE was armed back then, for hunting food, for protecting from bandits and thieves (no police patrols back in da day), for fighting the natives, and for joining up possees and militias if needed, which was needed during the war of 1812, the mexican american wars, civil war, etc.

taking away guns to protect people is like taking away condoms to keep people from having sex.