View Single Post
Old 03.06.2013, 10:02 PM   #23
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Hendrix People, Hell, and Angels:

A lot of the posthumous albums for Hendrix aren't necessarily better then previously released versions. My favorite was the MCA Box Set with four discs of live material and unreleased studio cuts. Everything that has been released in the past 13 years are just differing versions of the tracks from this box set. I did pick up Valleys On Neptune, which initially I didn't particularly like because I don't like Noel on the bass, I prefer Billy Cox. Later that album grew on me, and it was decently mastered (though Eddie Kramer is a shit engineer, most of his "official" Hendrix mixes are shit). That being said, this album is all Billy Cox and Mitch, which is my favorite Hendrix group. I think that Mitch and Jimi had great chemistry, and Billy sealed it. I listened to some samples and streams of these tracks, I dig it, so I will probably pick it up. Of course my love of Hendrix makes me move in slow motion to get new purchases, I really like the versions of all these same songs which I already have..

I'm still waiting for Shannon Wright In Film Sound to come out next week, and I will also think about getting the Atoms for Peace but I don't dig full on electronic Thom Yorke. I didn't like the Eraser at all, the live versions though from the tour with this Atoms For Peace band are pretty good, I have some bootlegs I am really into so if the mix is ok I might get it..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|