View Single Post
Old 12.10.2013, 07:45 PM   #1326
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
OMG!!

12/12/2013 - official mixtape from Q-Tip & Busta!

I was just experiencing some nostalgia for the good old days of the Coming, and I saw E.L.E. at Schuler's and bought it for $3.00.

I can't say he's quite the talent I thought he was. I've only ever really listened to the Coming, and loved it, but I think with the right production he could give up MTV spring break special muscle flexing and actually rap for a living.
I've also been listening to a lot of Black Album lately, and that verse about "not being like that fake-ass busta rhymes" has been turning over in my head.

I did appreciate his destinctly non-gangsta style in he 90's, despite the fish-eyed lens usage. I would totally listen to him spar with Q-tip... That is, if Q was sharing the mic and not just producing.

Re: Q-tip
Anyone else think Q is an extremely strange choice as producer for a producer for Kanye's Yeezus 2? And why is it starting to sound like Q and Rubin are going to be *producing* the thing (rather than just guest producing, like Daft Punk)? Kanye has never been anything less than primary producer on any of his solo albums (I don't think?), so if someone's gotta step in, I'd rather see Rza handle that shit.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|