View Single Post
Old 05.11.2016, 09:31 AM   #68
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
While I adore In Rainbows (and Weird Fishes is that one stand out song) I agree that Hail to the Thief was a high water mark.. but remember the band always envisions Amnesiac/Kid A/Hail to the Thief as a singular album. If all their albums were as good as their peak it would defeat the very idea of having a peak album! They can't all be perfection. Which band did?

I do feel like this record as the most Hail to the Thief feeling since 2003! In Rainbows is good, and The King of Limbs is superb live material, but this new one feels more like radiohead going on an adventure. I think that we should expect something more, this feels like the beginning an extended project. It feels incomplete, I imagine they have a part two in mind

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|