No strings attached...
I'm moving countries next week, and can't take everything, so on the assumption that whatever I store I'll never see again, I thought I'd make a competition to win a Walls Have Ears (one of the later ones with black & white labels, but still worth having, I think). Most of the questions are oldies, so I guess Googling has to be acceptable, but try to answer as many as you can without, in the spirit of competition.
First all-correct answers posted here gets it.
Round one (of two): Lyrics - name the song and artist....
1. I spend hours looking sideways to the time when I was sixteen
2. I tell myself I will not go, even as I drive there
3. Ring the doorbell in your mind but it's locked from the outside
4. Dear baby Jesus, here are my shoes
5. The weight of my body is too much to bear (tjhis one shouldn't be to difficult)
6. I feel bad with the dancing baby
7. And when I hit the ground I hear a ringing sound
8. Mom threw me out 'til I get some pants that fit
9. I can't stand what you do, I'm in love with your eyes
10. As the water gets warmer my iceberg gets smaller
Round two (of two): General...
Two gigs seen as influential in the UK music scene took place on the following dates. The artists and the cities required (half a bonus point for both venues):
1. June 4th 1976
2. July 4th 1976
3. Sonic Youth's original drummer had a very small part in a movie with someone whose recordings inspired a Sonic Youth side project. The name of the drummer, the movie, and the bit-part, please.
4. Tricky one. I'm looking for two different songs, released by two different bands, written by the respective vocalists from those bands together, when they were part of the same band. You may need some help here... the release years were 1978 & 1979 - the first released as an A-side, the second as a B-side. If you get this one, you deserve the records....
That's it.... simple really!