View Single Post
Old 08.23.2015, 08:04 PM   #18946
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I don't care what anyone says Inception was a masterpiece and now that Sev has compared Interstellar to it i am finally interested..

Sometimes people just don't frame movies well enough.. like with Birdman, if people would have told me it was an existentialist flick about the decline of Broadway theatre i would have been more interested but all the previews sincerely made it look like another one of these garbage superhero flicks..

Oh there's a lot the two movies have in common... Especially in the different or changing experiences of "reality" and time. In inception, the further "in" they go, the closer they come to being trapped in a DMT-coma, a life experiences in minutes but feeling like decades ... In Interstellar, the farther "out" they go the closer they get to stopping time or even transcending it. it's the effect of relativity on time making the experience of reality different for everyone involved. It's a beautiful line of inquiry for a film maker to focus on. And it makes for some truly incredible drama.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|