View Single Post
Old 05.06.2015, 09:19 PM   #731
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
RE: BUSH

Hmm... I didn't answer right away because I was really excited about this record and he first listen was so... mind boggling... downright shocking really.. that I was sure I was not hearing it right.

But I was. And unfortunately, despite some exquisite production, this album is a Snoop album about as much as that Snoop Lion joint was. In other words, it has NOTHING TO DO WITH THE SNOOP WE KNOW AND LOVE.

The only actual rapping on the album is on the tracks that feature T.I., or Kendrick and Rick Ro$$.

It's like.... Snoop kinda doing an 808's thing, only instead of being iconoclastic and daring and refreshing like 808's, it's pretty much just a dogg turd covered in shoe polish.

Snoop croons like some twisted crazy pedo uncle of Frank Ocean's.
Literally, all our boy does is fucking sing. He makes some piss poor attempts at being romantic. The lyrics reach new levels of stupidity...
"RUA Freak or what/ I'm just a squirrel trying to get a nut/ you crack me up!"
"My name is snoop dogg/ not to complain/ I gets my groove on/ Do my thing/ My planet's Krypton(?)/ home of the freaks(?)/ come get your moon rocks/ I am a G"

(Uhh... you're Superman now? Oh, just a freak.. Got it. I forgot that the Freaks, and their cousins the Shuck & Jivers were aboriginal to Krypton long before it was colonized by Kryptolumbus for the Kryptonians back in star year 0mega99^[1000]. But that doesn't explain why it would be a place to go for moon dust. Just saying.)

I'm seriously fucking embarrassed. I've been waiting for a promo of this for months. We all know Snoop is still fully capable of rapping his motherfucking ass off, but this is some Teddy Pendergrass/Lionel Richie lite-funk shit.

On the upside, T.I. Holds it down! And Rick Ross and Kendrick do too.

But it's basically an album full of Snoop trying to do "Get Lucky"... without Daft Punk. I think it may have some niche value in the long run. But SFAD, I don't think you're going to be fuckin' with this one.

"Reinvented Snoop's career" my bloody, hemorrhoidal asshole!! I'm even pissed at Pharell. There are potential "Happy"-esque hits all over this album, so it might be a commercial success, but this sure as hell is not what I was hoping for.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|