View Single Post
Old 01.29.2009, 10:35 AM   #5256
afterthefact
invito al cielo

afterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's assesafterthefact kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
It's probably the funniest mainstream film ever. Most of my favorite comedies are well below Hollywood's radar (The Corn Dog Man, Period Piece, Bride of Frank, even SPACEMAN!!! are about a BILLION times funnier than the completely contrived bullshit Hollywood releases). But finally, Freddy Got Fingered, a genuinely funny movie and even a bit surreal. I loved it. Probably the last time we'll ever see genuinely trashy, funny, surreal humor in a Hollywood film. I saw it in theaters 3 times. I still break it out with friends about once a year.

I feel the same way. Ever see Chairman of the Board, with Carrottop? Totally ridiculous, but I still liked it, because at least it knew what it was, and it wasn't trying to be anything else. I think that is the case with most of those movies you mentioned, and I think that is why so many mainstream comedies fall flat; they try and become a really deep movie, and all you wanted to do was laugh a little.
afterthefact is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|