View Single Post
Old 09.18.2007, 03:01 PM   #44
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by floatingslowly
I never really thought that Psychic TV was scarey.

I have lots of old Psychic TV on vinyl, but it was never really scarey, just weird.

they really got kind of dance-y toward the end of the 80's too. I was one of maybe 20 people that saw them in Dallas for the Towards Thee Infinite Beat tour, and again, it was weird, but nothing like seeing Ogre from Skinny Puppy disembowel himself on stage.

I think I might be jaded.

I was talking more 1981-85 era. You know, with the pounding and the screaming and the bloodletting and whatnot.
I had some friends that thought Skinny Puppy were scary in the 80s (we were teenagers), but I always thought they were funny.

Some Legendary Pink Dots stuff from the early and mid-80s is pretty unnerving.
Early Laibach used to freak me out when I was a kid, but then they turned into a comedy act and I wound up thinking all of their stuff was funny after that. I still like the early material a lot, but it's no longer "scary" to me.

The Residents' "Eskimo" and "Freakshow" LPs have some pretty freaky passages.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|