View Single Post
Old 07.26.2018, 05:46 PM   #268
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
From The Wire:

Quote:
Jlin releases score to Wayne McGregor's Autobiography
Her collaboration with the British choreographer was commissioned by Unsound

Indiana based footwork producer Jlin will release the soundtrack to her ballet collaboration with choreographer Wayne McGregor this September. Not quite her third album – which is confirmed for release at some point in 2019 or 2020 – this music marks the fruits of a game-changing experience for Jlin.

“We first met face to face in October 2016 in a downtown Chicago hotel, talking for about a solid two hours,” she recalls. “Immediately I saw Wayne was very friendly and energetic. He’s brilliant, witty and knows exactly what he wants; an absolute gem to work with. Before I even started composing for Autobiography, Wayne told me so gently that he trusts me completely with my direction of creating the score. That was the best feeling in the world. I would wake up at two in the morning and work until six in the evening until I completed all the pieces. We were both very happy with the outcome. Creating the score for an impeccable piece of work such as Autobiography changed my life as an artist.”

Company Wayne McGregor and Jlin debuted Autobiography at London theatre Sadler’s Wells in 2017. The Autobiography tour is set to continue into 2019. As its title implies, the work is conceived as a portrait of McGregor himself, based around the sequencing of his own genome.

Autobiography will be released by Planet Mu on 28 September. Listen to “The Abyss Of Doubt” here.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|