View Single Post
Old 01.13.2018, 10:14 PM   #6
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

hirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asses
Late to the party, but I do like them. I really like Flying Microtonal Banana, very much dig the quasi-Turkish microtonal division of the fretboard and the melodic and harmonic results it yeilds. I'm unaware of any other overtly rock albums to employ such a tuning scheme. Maybe some of the Turkish artists like Erkin Koray, Bunalim, etc... but I never read much about their specific techniques. We just ordered a new splatter yellow/blue pressing after it had been out of print for a while. The band name is kind of stupid, but a SY fan should consider the lyrics to Hyperstation before casting stones from the balcony of our glass house. I've only heard two other King Gizz records which I did like too, but not as much as FMB. Their videos are insane and entertaining.

hirsute_biped is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|