View Single Post
Old 01.07.2015, 10:55 AM   #18428
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Alright. This is very funny. I'll give you that. But I'm reminded of that great line from Annie Hall: "I know. I'm a bigot. But for the left."

But those flicks look great. I'm looking forward to watching them with great anticipation, so thanks.

sure. look, i'm only a "bigot for the left" by necessity. if we weren't in such a conservative homogeneous media climate i'd complain less. where is today's grapes of wrath or on the waterfront? film has erased the working class. they simply do not exist in teh popular imagination except as comic foil. fucking hollywood has redefined povery as "vassar graduate struggling to be a dancer in brooklyn"-- or (on a different genre) ghetto criminals in police flicks. it's outrageous. i don't blame the trust fund brooklynites for it-- they're just doing their thing. but fuckit, we have to be reminded of the constant erasure/stereotyping/ridiculing.

but don't get me wrong, i do enjoy films featuring the hoity-toity. whit stillman is one of my favorite filmmakers. and since you were asking for 80s/90s indie films i'd recommend metropolitan --> barcelona --> the last days of disco. in that order. i reeeeally llike metropolitan and have watched it a bunch of times.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|