Thread: The Beatles
View Single Post
Old 11.11.2006, 03:21 PM   #33
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
That's very reasonably worded and all that, but it cannot change the fact haha that The Beatles rule.

Most of the musicians that you do love (this is assuming that you actually do love music which is still a point of contention haha) would probably put The Beatles up at or near the top.

Therefore, it sounds like a personal problem to me.

It raises no qualm with me if someone truly feels that Elvis Presley (like yourself probably) or The Kinks, The Rolling Stones, The Velvet Underground, Jimi Hendrix Experience, or even Sonic Youth are a tad better than The Beatles. But, let's say, Led Zeppelin better than The Beatles? Hell, no. The Grateful Dead, Pink Floyd? Close, but no cigar. To reject The Beatles categorically out of one side of your mouth while still declaring their importance with the other (just to not seem as passive-aggressive & as confrontational as you really are) is a sure sign of a cheese-head in my well-travelled experience.

The proof is in the pudding. Here's an example. When there's a topic by an artist that I don't particularly like a lot, but that I still respect and like a little, like The Ex... ?????, I just keep my two cents out of the discussion. Since my opining would be of the lukewarm variety, I hardly see the purpose of posting in that case. I believe that most people who are not out to start trouble follow this general rule-of-thumb.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|