View Single Post
Old 02.25.2016, 12:59 AM   #30
zelocia
bad moon rising

zelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asseszelocia kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by eternal
I agree 100% with this statement. And notice how only 1 of those songs is T-dog's (PS doesn't count).

It's funny how post-Jim SY I tend to favor more Lee and Kim songs. Generally speaking, I usually gravitate towards Thurston's songs on Murray Street and Sonic Nurse as well as most of the songs that he wrote with the band pre-Jim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
Rather Ripped really sounds like it picked up from Washing Machine

This is exactly how I feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
but the things I love about SY were there before Jim, and they never really returned post-jim....

I also agree with this. They body of work they did before Jim is certainly the most important. Though I love some albums more than others, I appreciate what Jim brought to the band in part because a new member to join any band that had been around as long as they had at the time in no small feat. But not only that, he brought something fresh to their sound without breaking the formula they built up for years. Murray Street and Sonic Nurse in particular are the closest albums that came to the masterpiece levels of EVOL/Sister/Daydream Nation/Goo/Dirty, in my opinion
zelocia is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|