View Single Post
Old 03.27.2011, 06:11 PM   #28
hirsute_biped
the end of the ugly

hirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asseshirsute_biped kicks all y'all's asses
the transition b/w Mary Christ and Kool Thing on the Goo LP always seemed awkward to me, why do it that way at all? Would have been better to segue w/ continuous sound throughout. Probably did it cuz Kool Thing was the big single at the time. I don't listen to Goo that much these days. I forget whether the demo versions have a fade or segue there, or if those tracks are even adjacent. Fade outs do seem awkward, but I really like creative use of the fade: like Helter Skelter fading in and out b/w different sections of the jam, and I think I am the Walrus does that too. Beatles never had to play those live though. Hypothetically, playing a song w/ a fadeout live makes the band come up with something their fans havn't heard yet, which is always exciting if done well.
hirsute_biped is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|