View Single Post
Old 08.14.2008, 12:21 PM   #97
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
Blastitude is amazing, they also run the sun city girls lyrics site.

it really is dude. best music publication in the world. they champion everything as long as its good. only publication i know of that was on top of american noise early in the decade, champions everything from the greatful dead to esp-disk to scg to harsh noise to whatever. the reviews are always top notch. its actually written by musicians/people who know how to play instruments. i really love that webzine. its perfect. i re-read like everything on there. i used to read the reviews and articles and keep a pen in paper in hand and write down records that sounded interesting for future purpose. ive discovered more cool tunes through that site in the last 14 months than i have my entire life reading shit like the wire, signal to noise, terrorizer, etc.. its the most punk writing youll find anywhere, and truly gives leverage to the fact that "punk" is a mindset, not a sound. it can be found in the early rock and psych music, all over the avant garde, noise, cinema, folk, jazz, whatever.

personal fave articles of theres:
big flame interview
every live report theyve ever done (chicago, new york especially)
23 years of caroliner
and speaking of fred anderson...
swa ruled actually (70s psych article)
16 bitch pile up interview
hisham mayet interview (sublime frequencies filmmaker)
ceramic hobs article
pengo article
orthrelm interview (conducted by weasel walter)

i just started reading it last year so i missed like thier first 13 issues, and theyre not longer posted on the net. total bummer. also, does anyone know if theyre not doing blastitude anymore? there hasnt been an update on the site in quite a while.

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|