View Single Post
Old 06.22.2017, 11:59 AM   #306
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
lol. I knew it would bug you.

Here are you options:

A) I can start with the issue that cost me 25 cents to see if I like it.

or

B) I can tell you that someday when I find my piles of backlogged comics is magically gone, and I have money to burn, and not a single other comic in my mind as what I should buy next, then I'll go all the way back to Saga #1 to see if I like it.

You, sir, are a fool. And you will regret this. I promise you, you will regret not being a part of Saga as it plays out. It's going to go down in history. It's going to change the game:

It's a massive interconnected space opera love story and every event directly affects everything that follows. I do not recommend just picking up an issue. I read 43, and it's cool to me, but if I didn't know the characters, I'd wonder what the fuck all the fuss was about.

Jesus Christ man. If we knew each other in "real life" I'd buy you all 7 volumes of Saga on Amazon. Probably wouldn't cost more than $50 total, even if I was buying brand new. I'd totally do that for you. But we don't really know each other, so you're gonna have to learn by yourself I guess. I just hope you make the right decision.

Funnily though, I accidentally ordered a hardbound copy of book 2 of the collected volumes, thinking it was stuff I hadn't read. So I have a $50, 500-page book sitting here that I don't even want and I'm going to have to return to Amazon. If it was Book 1, and not Book 2, I'd put it in the mail to your ass right now, and I'd eat the $50. But you NEED to start at the beginning.

(Note: Saga comes in single issues once a month for about 6 months at a time between breaks. There are paperback volumes that contain like 7 issues each, and there are currently 7 of those out. There are two hardcover "books," each containing 3-4 volumes. Important to understand the difference... Amazon incorrectly listed the contents of Book 2, which is why I ended up paying $50 for something I'd already read.)
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|